Celebrating the achievements of the Sustainable Farming Fund
Join us for a celebration of the achievements of the Sustainable Farming Fund. Learn key lessons from previous grant holders and how to design successful extension programmes.
About the event
MPI is hosting 2 events – one in Hamilton and one in Christchurch – to celebrate the achievements of the Sustainable Farming Fund’s projects. This is an opportunity for current and previous grant holders (and other stakeholders) to share lessons learnt from their projects.
We'll be focusing on:
- successful extension programmes that bring about practise change
- building capability and skills.
Both events will include:
- a speech by the Minister for Primary Industries, Hon Nathan Guy
- an interactive workshop 'Designing successful extension programmes that bring about practise change'
- a panel discussion 'Understanding how the Sustainable Farming Fund helps build capability and skills, and exploring how this can be enhanced'
- a showcase of key organisations involved with the Sustainable Farming Fund.
We'll email a final agenda to all participants closer to the events.
When and where
Where: Waikato Institute of Technology, Hamilton
When: Wednesday 3 May 2017, 8:30am to 3pm
Where: Lincoln Events Centre, Christchurch
When: Wednesday 10 May 2017, 8:30am to 3pm
- James Allen, Managing Director, AgFirst Waikato Ltd and Chairman, AgFirst NZ
- Doug Avery, Founder, Doug Avery’s Resilient Farmer
- Hugh Gourlay, Containment Facility Manager, Senior Technician, Landcare Research
- Tim Herman, Technical Manager – Crop Protection, Pipfruit NZ
- Dr Simon Hooker, General Manager Research, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Nikki Johnson, Chief Executive Officer, NZ Kiwifruit Growers Incorporated
- Innes Moffat, Passion2Profit Manager, Deer NZ
- Nick Pyke, Chief Executive, Foundation for Arable Research (FAR)
Tony Rhodes, Agricultural Consultant, PGG Wrightson Consulting, PGG Wrightson Limited
Who'll be there
We've invited people involved in Sustainable Farming Fund projects over the last 17 years, including industry organisations, iwi, local authorities, and government agencies. But anyone who has an interest in the Sustainable Farming Fund is welcome to join us. Just make sure to register.
Register to attend an event
To register for an event, email email@example.com and include which event you wish to attend.
Registrations close Wednesday 12 April 2017 at 5pm.