Fruit and vegetables
New Zealand exports fruit and vegetables around the world. Some fresh produce has to meet extra market requirements. MPI helps exporters meet phytosanitary (plant health) requirements when sending fruit and vegetables overseas.
- Steps to exporting fresh fruit
- Steps to exporting fresh vegetables
If you're exporting apples to some countries, you may need to meet extra requirements.
Read about additional requirements for exporting potatoes to some countries.
Responsibilities of fruit and vegetable exporters
Exporters of fresh fruit and vegetables for human consumption are responsible for:
- meeting New Zealand's food safety requirements
- meeting the destination country requirements, such as phytosanitary, food safety, and quality grade requirements
- keeping the right records.
Who to contact
If you have questions about exporting fruit and vegetables, email email@example.com
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback