Review the written comments received during the consultation on relocating up to 6 salmon farms in the Marlborough Sounds. Consultation closed on 27 March 2017.
The written comments on this page were received from the public and iwi authorities on the proposal to amend the Marlborough Sounds Resource Management Plan to enable relocation of up to 6 salmon farms in the Marlborough Sounds using sections 360A-C of the Resource Management Act 1991.
Panel will consider feedback
A total of 588 written comments have been received, including 3 late written comments, that will be considered by the independent Marlborough Salmon Farm Relocation Advisory Panel.
The written comments are being made available for the public and iwi authorities to consider for the upcoming public hearings, and for those who said they wish to be heard by the panel and are preparing their presentations.
Redactions have been made to the documents consistent with provisions of the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). Personal email addresses, phone numbers and addresses of submitters have been withheld pursuant to section 9(2)(a) of the OIA, to protect the privacy of natural persons.
Written comments received are grouped alphabetically by surname, business, organisation and Iwi name.
- Adams to Austin [PDF, 9 MB]
- Ballinger to Bee [PDF, 3.5 MB]
- Beech to Best [PDF, 9.4 MB]
- Beviamo to Boyd [PDF, 12 MB]
- Boyle to Buchereau [PDF, 11 MB]
- Burdass to Burtenshaw [PDF, 7.3 MB]
- Cameron to Cleal [PDF, 2.2 MB]
- Cliffe to Craig [PDF, 5.1 MB]
- Crail to Cunniffe [PDF, 7.5 MB]
- Dagan to Dollimore [PDF, 12 MB]
- Domoni to Dyer [PDF, 19 MB]
- Eade to English [PDF, 3.1 MB]
- EnviroLink to Environmental [PDF, 15 MB]
- Fabbro to Friis [PDF, 3.6 MB]
- Friends of Nelson Haven and Kenepuru & Central Sounds Residents Association part 1 [PDF, 15 MB]
- Friends of Nelson Haven and Kenepuru & Central Sounds Residents Association part 2 [PDF, 15 MB]
- Gerard to Gillard [PDF, 9.9 MB]
- Gillard to Gourdie [PDF, 8.2 MB]
- Gowland to Griffiths [PDF, 9.2 MB]
- Griffiths to Guyton [PDF, 12 MB]
- Hadfield to Heng [PDF, 14 MB]
- Henry to Hooper [PDF, 15 MB]
- Hooper to Hutton [PDF, 5.1 MB]
- Ingham to Inwood [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Jacobs to Jones [PDF, 3.1 MB]
- Kafoa to Kendrick [PDF, 2.1 MB]
- Kenepuru and Central Sounds Residents' Association & Pelorous Boating Club [PDF, 12 MB]
- Kenny Barging Ltd to Kroon [PDF, 6.3 MB]
- Label to Lovell [PDF, 17 MB]
- MacColl to Mann [PDF, 10 MB]
- Manson to Marlborough District Council Harbour Master [PDF, 7.8 MB]
- Marlborough Environment Centre to Martin [PDF, 12 MB]
- Martin to McGuinness [PDF, 11 MB]
- McIvor to McLennan [PDF, 16 MB]
- McLeod to Monk [PDF, 2.8 MB]
- Moon to Myers [PDF, 6 MB]
- Nang to Nelson Regional Development Agency [PDF, 1.7 MB]
- New Zealand King Salmon [PDF, 24 MB]
- NZ School of Commercial Diver Training to NZ Oyster Industry Association [PDF, 4.8 MB]
- O'Connell to Overdale [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- Paea to Picton Maritime Festival Trust [PDF, 2.5 MB]
- Pinder to Pope-Bell [PDF, 3.4 MB]
- Port to Purves [PDF, 4.5 MB]
- Queen Charlotte Yacht Club to Robb [PDF, 3.6 MB]
- Robinson to Rowe [PDF, 5.3 MB]
- Royal to Ryder [PDF, 12 MB]
- Salmon Smolt New Zealand Ltd to Saville-Smith [PDF, 3.3 MB]
- Schroeder to Sharp [PDF, 2 MB]
- Sheridan to Slooten [PDF, 2.6 MB]
- Smale to Southern Inshore Fisheries Management [PDF, 2.7 MB]
- Spaetzel to Stephens [PDF, 2 MB]
- Steere to Syms [PDF, 2.5 MB]
- Tabaq to The Historic Oklahoma City Farmers Public Market [PDF, 9.3 MB]
- The Sunshine Trust to Tui Nature Reserve Wildlife Trust [PDF, 7.6 MB]
- Uk to Vining [PDF, 5.2 MB]
- Waddington to Watkins [PDF, 17 MB]
- Watson to Wilkinson [PDF, 9.1 MB]
- Wilkinson to Wynne-Jones [PDF, 10 MB]
- Young [PDF, 3.5 MB]
Late written comments
A total of 3 late written comments have been received.
To assist people in preparing for public hearings, a summary of written comments has been provided. This is in an Excel spreadsheet format so that comments can be quickly and easily filtered by theme. There are instructions on how to filter by theme in the Marlborough salmon relocation report on written comments (section 4.1, page 3).
The factual report and summary of written comments have been updated. Within the Marlborough salmon relocation report on written comments you will find a table of changes that describe these.
Marlborough salmon relocation summary of written comments [XLSX, 148 KB] [27 April 2017]
The Marlborough salmon relocation report on written comments is a brief factual report that defines the method used to analyse comments, and captures statistics such as the total number of comments:
- from individuals, businesses, non-government organisations, and community groups
- by region
- by key themes.
Marlborough salmon relocation report on written comments [PDF, 673 KB] [27 April 2017]
Find out more about the Panel
- Marlborough Salmon Farm Relocation Advisory Panel [PDF, 306 KB]
- Advisory Panel's Terms of Reference [PDF, 269 KB]
- Information for the public wishing to make comment [PDF, 108 KB]