Proposed Animal Products Notice: Dairy Recognised Agencies and Persons Specifications
Contact: Dairy products team
Update – February 2017
Following consultation, the revised Animal Products Notice: Dairy Recognised Agencies and Persons Specifications has been published. A summary of the submission received during the consultation is also available.
- Animal Products Notice: Dairy Recognised Agencies and Persons Specifications [PDF, 358 KB]
- Summary of submission [PDF, 223 KB]
Have your say
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) proposes to amend the Animal Products Notice: Dairy Recognised Agencies and Persons Specifications.
The Notice specifies the procedures and requirements for the recognition of agencies and persons.
The proposed amendments are intended to provide:
- a process for the recognition of persons as raw milk farm dairy assessors and responsible verifiers under the Raw Milk for Sale to Consumers Regulated Control Scheme. This is necessary to ensure that appropriate recognised persons are available to fulfil the functions required under the Raw Milk for Sale to Consumers Regulations 2015 and the Animal Products Notice: Raw Milk for Sale to Consumers
- correction of some technical errors in the Notice
- further clarification of the courses for dairy heat treatment. Successful completion is a competency requirement for persons initially applying for recognition as a risk management programme verifier for manufacturing product groups that include heat treatment.
MPI will be reviewing other areas related to this Notice in 2017 and will consult on any proposed amendments in due course.
Cover letter with submissions template [PDF, 273 KB]
Making your submission
Email your feedback on the draft by 5pm 2 February 2017 to email@example.com.
Make sure you include in your submission:
- the title of the consultation document in the subject line of your email
- your name and title, if applicable
- your organisation's name (if you're submitting on behalf of an organisation)
- your contact details (for example, phone number, address and email).
While we prefer email, you can send your submission by post to:
Dairy RA/RP Consultation
Animal & Animal Products
Ministry for Primary Industries
PO Box 2526
Submissions are public information
Any submission you make becomes public information. Anyone can ask for copies of all submissions under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA says we must make the information available, unless we have a good reason for withholding it. You can find those grounds in sections 6 and 9 of the OIA. Tell us if you think there are grounds to withhold specific information in your submission. Reasons might include, it's commercially sensitive or it's personal information. However, any decision MPI makes to withhold information can be reviewed by the Ombudsman, who may require the information be released.