Proposed Animal Products Notice: Manufacture of Dairy Based Infant Formula and Formulated Supplementary Foods for Young Children
Contact: Animal products team
Have your say
MPI wants your feedback on a proposed Animal Products Notice: Manufacture of Dairy Based Infant Formula and Formulated Supplementary Foods for Young Children.
The purpose of this Notice is to specify particular requirements that apply to the manufacture, evaluation and verification of dairy based infant formula products, dairy based formulated supplementary foods for young children and dairy based ingredients represented as intended for use in any of those products (other than ingredients that comprise less than 0.5% of the final product).
The requirements in this Notice are additional to other relevant requirements that apply to dairy processors.
Making your submission
Email your feedback on the draft by 5pm on Wednesday 8 February 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to use the submissions template:
- Submissions template [PDF, 270 KB]
While we prefer email, you can post your submission to:
Infant Formula Dairy Submission
Ministry for Primary Industries
PO Box 2526
Make sure you include in your submission:
- the title of the consultation document in the subject line of your email
- your name and title, if applicable
- your organisation's name (if you're submitting on behalf of an organisation or a company)
- your contact details (for example, phone number, address and email)
- the section title or clause being commented on, where appropriate
- comment describing the issue with the current clause, and
- the proposed amendment (optional).
Submissions are public information
Any submission you make becomes public information. Anyone can ask for copies of all submissions under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA says we must make the information available, unless we have a good reason for withholding it. You can find those grounds in sections 6 and 9 of the OIA. Tell us if you think there are grounds to withhold specific information in your submission. Reasons might include, it's commercially sensitive or it's personal information. However, any decision MPI makes to withhold information can be reviewed by the Ombudsman, who may require the information be released.