If you process or handle dairy products you need to meet requirements to protect the industry, consumers' health and our reputation overseas. Find out about our requirements for dairy processors and handlers.
We're still working on this section of the new website. When complete, it will provide information to support dairy processors and handlers. In the meantime, use these links to find relevant information:
- Dairy processors and milksolids reporting
- Food sector requirements
- Exporting dairy products
- Importing dairy products
- Growing dairy – support for farmers during low prices
Accurate information is needed from dairy processors to:
- inform analysis on the development of competition in New Zealand dairy markets
- assess the ongoing need for the Dairy Industry Restructuring Act 2001 (DIRA) regulatory regime
- inform MPI's process to allocate dairy export licenses under the DIRA.
Dairy processors must provide this milksolids collection information to the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI).
When you get the email or letter from MPI requesting this information, you can either:
If you used the form, either:
- email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- post it to Milk Collection Survey, Ministry for Primary Industries, PO Box 2526, Wellington 6140.
Who to contact
If you have questions about dairy processing or the dairy cow milksolids form, email email@example.com