Smart, free-flowing information
Biosecurity 2025's third strategic direction aims to use data and information technologies to help manage biosecurity risk. Find out more about what we want to achieve.
Helping manage risk
Biosecurity 2025's third strategic direction aims to make use of the large amounts of data available, build intelligence, and use powerful data analysis to support risk management. The direction statement has 3 goals to achieve this.
Information is shared and open wherever possible.
We unlock the full value of information through the best data use and analysis.
Preparing for the future
We anticipate and take advantage of the ways that information technology will transform society, support participation, and enhance biosecurity effectiveness.
Outcomes – the end results
Each goal has outcomes that break down in more detail the end results we're looking for. The outcomes for this strategic direction are on page 17 of the direction statement.
Download the Biosecurity 2025 direction statement [PDF, 5.1 MB]
Targets for 2025 – to drive action
To make sure we achieve the goals of the direction statement, we've set targets for 2025.
- A publicly-accessible network enables electronic access to organism data held by central government agencies, regional councils and Crown research institutes. Organism data, linked together from multiple sources and including information on species name, distribution and impact, is crucial to identify and manage biosecurity risks.
- Automated and targeted alerts about emerging risks are available to all participants across the biosecurity system.
Our other strategic directions
- A biosecurity team of 4.7 million
- A toolbox for tomorrow
- Effective leadership and governance
- Tomorrow's skills and assets