How to enter
Find out how to enter the New Zealand Biosecurity Awards 2018 and entry requirements.
Enter online from 30 July
Before you start the online entry form:
- become familiar with the award categories
- check the requirements for the different categories
- read the terms and conditions
Entries close at 5pm on 31 August 2018.
A downloadable entry guide is also available.
- Download the NZ Biosecurity Awards entry guide [PDF, 1.1 MB]
All applications for categories 1 to 6 must be supported by:
- a summary of your project, entry, or organisation of no more than 200 words*
- a detailed description and background on your project, work, or contribution that supports New Zealand in maintaining a world-leading biosecurity system. This should demonstrate the attributes and achievements outlined in the specific category criteria and be no more than 2,000 words.
- an outline of how innovation contributed to the success of a project, programme, protocol, or one-off event if you want to be considered for the New Zealand Biosecurity Innovation Award. It should be no more than 500 words.
- your view on why the individual, group, project, or organisation deserves to be recognised. This should be no more than 200 words.*
(*This information may be used in marketing material).
Applications can be made by individuals, groups, or communities who are actively, or have been carrying out, projects or work within the past 18 months in support of:
- biosecurity in New Zealand
- the strategic directions of Biosecurity 2025
- the future of New Zealand's biosecurity system.
Category 7 and 8 requirements
All nominations for the New Zealand Biosecurity Emerging Leaders Award and the Minister's Award must be supported by:
- a summary of why this person should be recognised for their outstanding contribution to biosecurity in New Zealand
- their key achievements.
Entries should not exceed 500 words.
Step 1: Choose your category
Before you start, choose your award category.
Step 2: Draft your entry
We recommend you draft and save your entry in a Word document before you fill in the online form. This prevents losing your work before you complete your entry.
Step 3: Enter online
When you're happy with your draft entry, copy and paste from your Word document into the online entry form. Entries open on 30 July 2018.
You'll have until 5pm (NZST) on 31 August 2018 to complete your entry. Judging begins soon after, so we can't accept late entries.
How judging will work
Your application will be assessed by the New Zealand Biosecurity Awards 2018 judging panel. This panel is made up of biosecurity specialists and representatives from industry, government, iwi, and community.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback