Hides & skins
Hides and skins may need to meet strict biosecurity requirements to enter New Zealand – requirements can vary for each item. MPI sets standards for animal products coming to New Zealand to prevent unwanted diseases, pests, and animals from entering the country.
Your step-by-step guide to importing hides and skins.
Fibres & feathers
Your step-by-step guide to importing fibre & feathers.
Types of hides and skins for import
Certain types of hides and skins are eligible for importation into New Zealand:
- fully tanned hides and skins
- processed hides and skins
- salted or dried hides and skins
- casualty skins – like those from lambs that may have died from natural causes
- macropod (kangaroo and wallaby) hides and skins from Australia only.
Who to contact
If you have questions about importing hides and skins, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback